Many pond builders have found that adding a bottom drain helps keep a pond cleaner. Fish waste and other muck that accumulates on a pond bottom can be easily removed by a bottom drain.
Ponds that are over 2′ deep can become stagnant without a bottom drain.
BDK2A 2" Bottom Drain Kit (BDA drain) with Air Diffuser Includes 2" Fittings
- Installed under the liner, flex PVC pipe carries the water from the bottom drain to the skimmer box. A bulkhead fitting is installed in the skimmer, a PVC male adapter connects the flex PVC to the bulkhead fitting. The valve is placed inside the skimmer box to control flow. When the pump is turned on, water will flow into the skimmer through the skimmer faceplate (surface water) as well as the bottom drain.
- You can control how much water goes in through the top/bottom inlets with valve (included)
- BDK2A kit includes BDA bottom drain (with air diffuser) and is intended for use with 2″ pipe which is purchased separately
- Kits include bottom drain, bulkhead fitting, valve and fittings
- 2″ kit recommended for Pro-Series PS1 style or Axiom PSA5000 and PSA7000 skimmers