The BioSmart 1600 UV is a multi-stage mechanical and biological filtration system in a compact package, designed for small ponds or for ponds with low biological load (small fish).
During biological filtration, the water is channeled through a series of filter foams that create a special environment by allowing the settling of beneficial bacteria.
During this stage, harmful ammonia and nitrites are converted to nitrates, which support plant life in the pond.
The Biosmart 1600 has an integrated UV Clarifier, which aids in the removal of harmful string algae.
The UV Clarifier will cause the string algae to flocculate (clump) an then it is removed from the pond by the filter.
- Effective Pond Size: up to 1600 gal. (without fish)
- Recommended Pump Capacity: 800 GPH (min) to 1200 GPH (max)
- UV Power: 9W (included)
- Power Consumption: 12W
- Power Cable Length: 16 ft.
- Tubing Connector (intake): 1 in., 1 1/4 in., 1 1/2 in.
- Outlet Connection: 2 3/4 in.
- Filter Foams: 3 (1x Red, 1x Blue, 1x Green)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 11 x 14 x 16 in.
- Limited Warranty: 1 Year