Thermo-Pond Perfect Climate Submersible Pond De-Icerô
- Uses only 300 watts
- Thermostatically controlled
- Works for ponds up to 300 gallons & 18" or less in depth
- Will not burn preformed ponds or liners
- Inlets allow use with air or water pumps
- 15 ft. cord
- MET listed
- 2 year warranty
The Thermo-Pond Perfect Climate Submersible Pond De-icer was designed specifically for small and preformed ponds up to 300 gallons and 18 inches or less in depth. Even in sub-zero temperatures, it prevents these ponds from feezing over and facilitates the gas exchange needed to help pond fish survive the winter.
Thermostatic Temperature Control
Internal thermostats automatically monitor water temperature and turn the unit on and off to keep the average water temperature just above freezing. Our unique technology ensures that your pond de-icer will only run as often as needed to maintain a hole in the ice. In fact, it's thermostatically controlled to never get hot when properly submerged in water. Unlike some other heaters, Thermo-Pond products will never burn a pond liner or preformed pond.
This product has been tested and certified by MET Labs to meet their high standards for electrical product safety.
As with any electrical product used in wet locations, please plug the Thermo-Pond Perfect Climate Deluxe into a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet.
Gas Exchange Keeps Fish Alive
An open hole in pond ice allows proper gas exchange and helps fish survive the winter. The Thermo-Pond Perfect Climate Submersible Pond De-Icer facilitates this exchange by maintaining a hole in pond ice, even in sub-zero weather. Add this K&H de-icer to your pond for a healthier aquatic environment this winter.
To ensure that your fish have plenty of livable area, please operate the Thermo-Pond in ponds with a depth of at least 18 inches.
Safe For Fish
Even when they do come in contact with the heating element of a K&H deicer, your fish are quite safe. The heating element will never get hot to the touch as long as it is properly submerged in water. You can actually reach down into the water and put your finger on the heating element and it will not burn you. In the middle of winter when it gets really cold youíll find your fish huddling around the deicer to keep warm, but the deicer will never harm them.
Cord Length 15 ft.
Wattage 300 watts
Safety Listing MET
Dimensions 7.75" L x 7.5" W x 4.5" H
Warranty 2 Years
Pond Size Requirements
This pond de-icer is designed for ponds up to 300 gallons and 18 inches or less in depth.
Already Frozen Ponds
Using an Ice Auger
- If ice has already formed on the surface of your pond, drill a hole in the ice with an ice auger. Do not chop through ice as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish.
- Then place your heater through the hole and run your cord to a properly grounded outlet protecting the cord from damage.
Without an Ice Auger
- If you do not have access to an ice auger, place a large pan or bucket with water on the surface of the ice. Place your heater into the container and plug the heater into a properly grounded outlet. The heater will heat the water and container, melting a hole in the pond ice.
- Always keep safety as your number one priority. Never walk on thin ice.
- Please consult your pond professional on tips for overwintering fish.